Hydraulics is used in every engineering field. It has plenty of advantages over other methods of operation. Its main advantage is, with the application of much less force, a greater work can be done.
It has also reduced the manual workload, and performs better operation and control. In hydraulic machineries the fluids are circulated and transferred to various components i.e. motors and cylinders are pressurised according to the nominated resistance.
The fluid is controlled directly or automatically by control valves and transferred through hoses and tubes.
We all know that a ship is a mobile power plant. It has enormous varieties of machineries for its propulsion, cargo operations, and shipboard safety as well as for maintaining the comfort standards of the crew.
In all this wide variety of machinery, hydraulic spares plays a very vital role. The hydraulic technology is so precise and accurate that they are used in the main engine control and manoeuvring systems, too.
The engine room has various machineries, and its parameters have to be controlled precisely to run the ship safely.
The application of hydraulic oil pressure and remote operation of the valves control the flow of hydraulic oil and perform the required operation.
For more exact results, feedback systems have also been incorporated.
Depending on the type of ship, the cargo equipment and machineries vary. Mainly, the main cargo system would include the cargo pumps and the cargo lines which have numerous valves.
Deck machineries include the deck cranes, winches, mooring drums, windlass, emergency towing arrangements, hatch covers, and other similar equipment.
All these machineries have very simple and basic hydraulic systems involved in smoother and heavy duty operation.
In bulk carriers that unload the cargo, it requires either a deck crane or a derrick, which is usually controlled by an electro-hydraulic system.
The mooring winches are the machineries that keep the ship tied up to the jetty or to another ship.
The anchor is dropped and ship is held in a place by the windlass. They all have hydraulic motors and source of hydraulic oil under high pressure.
Repairs procedure is limited to fix a damaged component close to its original shape and size as per manufacturers specifications.
All damaged components theoretically can be repaired but in certain cases which they are beyond repairs and may not provide the full and desired function like the original we can offer for new and/or reconditioned.
In our premises, where we use ultra-modern machinery, we can undertake such repairs under qualified technicians with wide experience and strong know-how !
In the shipping industry, it is very well known, that there are times when an immediate action is to be taken while a vessel is under operation and she faces critical malfunctions in her hydraulic systems or cranes.
Our highly experienced team is readily available to travel worldwide to give solution to the problem and provide their services and repairs on-site.
Installations, Inspections and Troubleshooting is among their expertise.
Hydraulic hoses are designed to transfer hydraulic fluid to components, valves, actuators, and tools.
Usually they are flexible, sometimes reinforced externally with inox grid, and also with wire or linen braid internally so as to operate at high or very high pressures.
We are supplying a wide range of hoses under the standards of ISO 1436 and ISO 18752
- SAE 100 R1AT – EN853Q: Reinforced with 1 wire braid internally suitable for hydraulic oils, air, water – Working Temp: -40 ~ +125C – For air max. +70C – Working Press: 40 ~ 250 bar depending the ID
- SAE 100 R2AT – EN853: Reinforced with 2 wire braid internally suitable for hydraulic oils, air, water – Working Temp: -40 ~ +125C – For air max. +70C – Working Press: 80 ~ 400 bar depending the ID
- 4SP/4SH POWERFLEXBio(**) 6000psi DIN 20023 (EN 856): Reinforced with 4 wire braid internally suitable for hydraulic oils, air, water – Working Temp: -40 ~ +121C – For air max. +70C – Working Press: 280 ~ 450 bar depending the ID
- 6SP R15 POWERFLEXBio(**) 6000psi: Reinforced with 6 wire braid internally suitable for hydraulic oils, air, water – Working Temp: -40 ~ +121C – Working Press: 420 bar
- SAE 100 R5: Reinforced with 1 wire braid internally AND fabric externally suitable for hydraulic oils, lubricants, fuel and refrigerants – Working Temp: -40 ~ +125C – For air max. +70C – Working Press: 24 ~ 138 bar depending the ID
- SAE 100 R6: Reinforced with 1 linen braid internally suitable for hydraulic oils, lubricants, fuel and return oils – Working Temp: -40 ~ +125C – For air max. +70C – Working Press: 17 ~ 34 bar depending the ID
- R4 Suction Hose – Working Press 10 bar – ID’s from 19 ~ 102 mm: Reinforced with linen braid AND helical spiral. Suitable for oils and fuel of low pressure where extreme flexibility is required without hose to be bended
- HIGH TEMP HOSE 150C: Manufactured by special material for high temperatures – Suitable for mineral oils of + 150C and silicone mineral oils of + 107C – Working Press: 88 ~ 225 bar depending the ID
- HIGH TEMP HOSE 135C – COMPACT: Manufactured by special material for high temperatures – Suitable for mineral oils of + 135C and Air of + 70C – Working Press: 210 ~ 310 bar depending the ID
**PowerFlexBio hoses are 50% more flexible that SAE R, with special external cover for max. endurance in weather conditions, fire resistance, friction resistance.
….. and many more
Hydraulic cylinder is of a highly importance component. It transforms the energy of the hydraulic fluid into task. The fluid under pressure reaches the surface of the hydraulic cylinder piston. This produce linear movement of the piston and subsequently the piston rod, which is connected to the load and then the energy of the hydraulic fluid is converted to a controllable power.
Hydraulic cylinders are composed of two main elements : the barrel and the piston with piston rod. The piston, equipped with seals and sliding rings, divides the inside of the cylinder into two chambers, the lower pressure chamber and the upper piston rod chamber. The hydraulic pressure is generated by the piston that moves the piston rod in a linear direction. This type of cylinder is also called a double–acting hydraulic cylinder.
Most common type of cylinders are : the single acting, the double acting and the telescopic.
Our repair team provides high quality services in-house and on-board for their repair / maintenance and in our workshop we are constructing such cylinders depending the vessel’s needs and we can also provide spare parts.