Being in the shipping industry for the last 40 years we fully understand and follow up with the vital safety regulations imposed from time to time and their importance to the owners and operators.
Within those vital regulations is the replacement of CO2 hoses as per IMO regulation MSC.1/Circ.1318 GUIDELINES FOR THE MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTIONS OF FIXED CARBON DIOXIDE FIRE-EXTINGUISHING SYSTEMS under 6.1.2 states “Flexible hoses should be replaced at the intervals recommended by the manufacturer and not exceeding every 10 years”.
Depending on the quality of the CO2 hoses and their fittings they are generally very strong, however they can degrade, and when that happens, the consequences can be extremely serious. A leak in a hose can lead to fatal results.
We are very sensitive to anything that safety and human lives are depending on so we are using high quality and certified hoses SAE 100R7, MSHA STANDARD AND LLOYD’S REGISTER TYPE APPROVED
- Technical-constructive features: Inner core in thermoplastic polymer, polyester textile reinforcement and exterior covering in antiabrasion polyurethane and resistant to stabilized hydrolysis for outdoor applications, in environments having high humidity and saline levels, stabilized against UV rays and microorganisms-resistant, micro perforated for gas conduction. On request, twin-line or multi-line version.
- Applications: Hoses of the CO² SYSTEMS series have been created for CO² fire extinguishing medium pressure systems in MARINE environments.
- Working temperature: From -40°C to +100°C from -40°F to +212°F.
Max. working temperature of air, water and water-based fluids is + 70°C (+158°F).
- Working pressure: Safety ratio 1:4
- Vacuum rating: 0.93 bar; 700 mm Hg
- Specifications: All hoses meet or exceed SAE J517 sect. SAE 100R7 – ISO 3949 – MSHA Standards and Lloyd’s Register TYPE APPROVAL